The Patriot News published 7 related articles covering the recent closure of Carlisle’s only taxi company and how it brought to light the extensive need our area has for better public transit within Carlisle. CAT buses shuttle passengers from Carlisle to the greater Harrisburg region but there are limited options in town. Most of those options aren’t available to everyone but there is help for elderly through a county shuttle service.
CARLISLE TRANSIT WOES
- Are more public transportation options needed in Carlisle and beyond?
- Dickinson College students want local bus service
- CAT eager to launch Carlisle-area bus service; waits for state funding
- Carlisle Regional Medical Center hobbled by public transit gap
- Bus-riding Carlisle mayor shuns driving; wants more bus routes
- Public transportation woes frustrate Carlisle community
- Carlisle is underserved by public transit; how does your area fare?