What: West Side Neighbors-Heberlig Palmer Park Project
Where: Heberlig Palmer Tot Lot (between N. Pitt St, Lincoln St., N. West St, & A St)
When: Monday August 19th 6:30 PM (every 3rd Monday from now on)
Who: Everyone, Anyone
Two weeks ago we had a productive meeting with community members where we discussed the draft design of the Heberlig Palmer Park renovation project. Along with neighbors in attendance we also had representation from Project Share, Carlisle School Board, and the Parks and Rec Board. Even though we have a good draft plan, we need to work to make this plan become reality. We are going to start holding monthly meetings so we can organize priorities and outline steps so work on the park can commence in the coming months.
Please join us on the 3rd Monday of every month to be part of this grass roots community project. We will meet Monday August 19th at 6:30pm in the park. While the weather is still nice, we will meet in the park and once the weather gets much colder, we will meet at Friends Meeting House at 252 A Street.
We are looking for people who can help get this project started in any way. Everyone doesn’t have to help with every element but we need people who have ideas and want to move this project forward.
Some of the areas we will start to work on are:
- Revise design with any changes the community wants to see
- Prioritize elements in design we want to see happen first
- List other individuals/groups who should be involved in this project
- Research costs associated with individual elements in design
- Organize fundraising strategy to target individuals/local businesses
- Solicit In-kind donations of supplies or labor from businesses and individuals
- Outline calendar with target dates for fundraising & work on park
Please feel free to email with questions or ideas if you can’t attend the meeting. We will take minutes at each meeting to keep everyone up to date. We won’t email the minutes out each time so please follow along on the blog or like us on Facebook for updates!