Due to damage from the recent storm, the Borough of Carlisle will provide curbside
pickup of brush and tree debris beginning Tuesday, May 31, 2011. In order to
ensure that your brush is picked up, please place it at the curb no later than May
31. Borough Staff is asking residents to comply with the following requirements:
• Bound with string or twine and be in lengths of 40 inches or less.
• Smaller twigs and branches may be placed in a metal or plastic trash cans
which will be emptied and returned to the curb.
• Brush/limbs over 6 inches in diameter will not be accepted.
• Do not place leaves, garden waste and grass clippings at the curb for pickup.
Citizens may drop off the larger debris at the Compost Facility located on Post
Road. Beginning today (5/27) and continuing through the weekend and until
further notice, the compost facility will be open and accepting brush twenty-four
(24) hours per day.
Debris on the sidewalk and on personal property will be the resident’s
responsibility to clean up. The Borough will be responsible for the clean-up of
debris in the street (from curb to curb).