Job Title: STAR Volunteer
Category: Volunteer – Bosler Library, Carlisle, PA
Description: The Bosler Library and the Cumberland County Library System seek a STAR volunteer for the Claremont Nursing and Rehabilitation Home in Carlisle.
Background: The STAR (Service to Adult Readers) program needs a volunteer able to provide personalized book selection and delivery to residents at Claremont Nursing and Rehabilitation Center twice monthly from the collection of the Bosler Free Library in Carlisle.
Duties and Responsibilities: Duties include selecting appropriate reading materials for delivery twice each month to residents at Claremont.
The volunteer will deliver and return the library items on a room to room basis a minimum of twice per month. A book cart and carrying bags are provided.
* Sincere interest in and respect for older adults.
* Ability to establish rapport with diverse, seriously ill older adults
* Knowledge and interest in reading and locating materials to satisfy readers.
* Ability to establish and maintain a regular delivery schedule.
* Ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with Claremont staff, Bosler Library staff, and the STAR Coordinator.
* Willingness to visit Claremont using own vehicle.
How To Apply:
Contact the Adult Services Outreach Coordinator at 240-7771 or email, email@example.com.